Cardiac Electrical Biomarker (CEB®)
Simply, it is a color coded index number that measures the degree of di-polarity of the cardiac electrical field. The cardiac electrical field of a healthy patient is primarily di-polar1, while occurrence of myocardial injury leads to the appearance of a multi polar cardiac electrical field2. A CEB® greater than 94 indicates an abnormal condition and further clinical assessment is necessary.
What the CEB® Number Indicates?
1. Schmitt, OH AM Heart J. 1953;45:416-428
2. Tysler – J Electrocardiol. 2013 Jul-Aug;46(4):284-8. Doi:10.1016/j.electrocard.2013.03.014. Epub 2013 Apr 28.
Recommended Reading: Automated Analysis of the 12-lead ECG in the Emergency Department: Association Between High-sensitivity Cardiac Troponin I and the Cardiac Electrical Biomarker. Larisa G. Tereshchenko, MD, PhD,* David Gatz, BS,* Albert Feeny,† and Frederick K. Korley, MD‡
Only 5-electrodes (V2 and Limbs)
Conclusions: The CEB® shows a positive response to balloon and stent inflation during PCI with a strong correlation. The CEB® appears to show a stronger response to balloon inflation in larger arteries, cases involving infarction, and in greater severity stenosis. The CEB® may be an efficient and timely means of detecting myocardial ischemia in patients who are being monitored in acute care settings.
Conclusions: In conclusion, in patients in ED evaluated for acute myocardial injury, increasing values of HsTnI were associated with increasing values of the CEB®, suggesting that myocardial injury is associated with acute changes in the CEB® in the population of patients with high pretest probability of acute myocardial injury.
ALL VECTRAPLEXECG DEVICES CAN:
- 15-lead ECG = 12-lead ECG, Vectorcardiogram/XYZ leads and vector loops.
- 22-lead ECG = 12-lead ECG, right heart, posterior, Vectorcardiogram/XYZ leads and vector loops.
- Use 5-electrodes to derive a 15-lead ECG (US) and 22-lead ECG (EU). Option to use 10-electrodes for a 12-lead ECG.
- Derive a Cardiac Electrical Biomarker, CEB®, that will detect ECG changes suggestive of an AMI
- One push email capability
- EMR Connectivity. Learn more.
Note: 15-lead ECG is for U.S. and 22-lead ECG is for CE marking countries, Australia and Taiwan
- All in one hospital-grade/anti-microbial touch screen computer and monitor
- 10.5 hour Battery backup
- Waterproof keyboard and mouse
- Premium rolling stand with basket and lockable storage
We Stand by Our Technology
All VectraplexECG products come with a 3-year warranty, software updates, free online training, and customer support.
RH Medical Urgent Care
IMD Medical Group
All consumables assist in the accurate and comprehensive diagnostic testing performed with VectraCor devices.
Wet Gel Monitoring Electrodes
- Fast-Acting Wet Gel
- Superior Conductivity
- Up to 72 hours of continous use
- Better Skin Contact
- Competitively Priced
- Recommended for VectraplexECG System
Request a quote, online demo or ask for more information